At Jae’s Jewelers we’ve been serving the local South Florida market for nearly 80 years. We know when customers are looking at buying a wedding ring, they may have lots of questions.
We try to make it easy for them to understand the important aspects of buying a wedding ring, therefore we’ve included below some frequently asked questions related to this topic. I hope these answers will help you on your journey to buying the perfect wedding ring.
How Much Should a Wedding Band cost?
The cost of wedding rings depends on various factors such as the quality, material, design, and brand name. A simple gold band may cost anywhere from $200 to $1,200, whereas a ring set with large diamonds may cost several thousand dollars. It ultimately depends on your preference and budget.
Do I need to buy a second wedding Ring?
Some couples choose to buy a second wedding ring to mark significant milestones in their relationship like the 1st anniversary, or as a symbol of a renewed commitment. Others prefer to keep only the original ring to symbolize their continued love and devotion. This is a personal choice.
How Can I Get an affordable Wedding Ring in Miami?
Shopping in Miami for a wedding ring? Maybe you are visiting Miami for the first time and would like to better understand how to shop the right way while you visit. Jae’s Jewelers has been in business for over 78 years, and we would like to offer you our take on how you might want to go about buying a wedding ring in Miami.
- Set a budget: Knowing how much you can afford to spend will help narrow down your options and prevent overspending.
- Shop at jewelers' sales or clearance events: many jewelers hold sales and offer discounts on their merchandise during special occasions or seasons.
- Consider alternative metals and stones: Platinum and gold are rarer and more costly than alternative metals such as titanium. Diamonds naturally occur in a variety of qualities to fit your budget.
- Buy online: E-commerce sites like Jae’s Jewelers offer a wide range of affordable wedding rings while providing customers with reviews, product information, and friendly customer service.
- Consider pre-owned rings: Gently worn rings can be an affordable option that offers unique designs, without sacrificing quality or style. All estate jewelry is professionally cleaned and polished to restore shine.
Remember, the most important thing is the love and commitment between you and your partner, not how much you spend on a ring.
When Should I Buy My Wedding Ring?
Ideally, it is recommended to buy the wedding ring at least two to three months before the wedding. This will give you plenty of time to research different styles, compare prices, and get the perfect fit. The extra time also allows for any customization or engraving to be added.
If you are planning a last-minute wedding or need a quick replacement ring, Jae’s Jewelers offers expedited services. We regularly stock a wide variety of the most popular ring sizes and designs. Just keep in mind that rushing the process may limit your options.
Ultimately, the best time to buy your wedding ring is when you feel confident with your choice and have enough time to ensure it is perfect for your special day.
What Is the 3 Month Salary Rule?
The 3-month salary rule is a traditional belief that when purchasing an engagement ring, the cost should be equivalent to three months' worth of the groom-to-be's salary. This rule has been popularized in Western culture and often used as a benchmark for determining how much a man should spend on an engagement ring. However, this is not a hard and fast rule and varies depending on personal preferences and financial situation. Some clients choose to spend more, and some prefer to spend less.
How much should a guy spend on a ring?
This is a great question, and a classic question we are often asked at Jae’s Jewelers. It is suggested that a guy should spend two to three months' salary on a ring. However, it ultimately depends on the individual's financial situation and personal preferences. It is important to remember that the value of the ring does not determine the value of the relationship.